06 September 2014

eight weeks later...

He is here, and life is wonderful.

Yes, it's a HE and he turned four weeks today! 

Meet William, born on one day after his due date.  He is perfect, and we are thrilled.
one day old

26 days old

I have been slowly but surely emerging into the real world again these past two weeks, and life is starting to feel somewhat normalized again.  

A new normal, of course, one that revolves completely around a new soul.  A new soul whom I love so much it hurts sometimes.  But that pain could just be lack of sleep catching up with me.

I'll be putting words to my amazing birth experience very soon - when I take advantage of a nap in coming days - and there will be lots of stories of small adventures that I am eager to capture as I begin my 4.5 week long stint of being a stay at home mom alone.  I've been lucky enough to have Chris or my mom around for the past four weeks (except for one day, which was fantastic!) and I am eager to begin this time just with the little guy and me. 

Becoming a mother is, in a word, transcendent.  Kind of painful, exhilarating, life-altering and full of extreme emotions at every turn.  So much joy and so much wondering how to do this thing.

I'm off to nurse and enjoy this stupid wonderful new reality.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! he's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So pleased for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! He is wonderful! Cannot wait to hear all about you "new" life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wondering about you guys! Congratulations, he's adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete