There has been no lack of silence 'round this little sphere of the internet for a good while, no? Thank you for those you who kindly wished me well after my last post, and cheers to those who are on this growing a baby journey right alongside me! I hit 30 weeks pregnant (10 weeks left!) this past Friday, and took this little photo to commemorate the gorgeous sun and my genuine happiness to be reveling in said sunshine while waiting for Topher to pick me up from the metro.
So. The last six months. So much. So much! Let's skip past the holidays, because those were fun but really, no one needs a recap of that. Family was excited by the arrival of the first grandbaby/niece/nephew on both sides and I ate a great deal of delicious food.
Boomer wore a sweater most of this past winter. She spent the last two years in the tropics too, you know - down in North Carolina with my 'rents.
I've been so lucky that so many wonderful friends have visited. When it became clear a very short time after arriving home in the U.S. that I wouldn't be flying anywhere soon - firstly, because babies are expensive? As are flights? and secondly, because now I actually can't - others came to me. It has been so wonderful, and I am so grateful!
Chris and I have been hanging out his grandmother's house each week while she makes us a delicious meal. It has been fun to spend time with his grandparents and our favorite Uncle Johnny each week - and it has perks like desserts like these - "car bomb" cupcakes John made us for St. Patrick's day!
Though a lot has begun to change with this growing belly and impending little person in our lives, a few things remain the same: Boomer still loves her cuddles and Starbucks still makes yummy, creamy espresso drinks whenever I want them - which has been about once week.
'Cravings' haven't really been a thing for me as a pregnant lady, but I have deeply enjoyed tangy fruits, water and cheeseburgers. Seriously, I could go for a cheeseburger anytime. I don't really think that's all that different from before I was pregnant, though?
I have been incredibly lucky, and have had a pretty enjoyable 30 weeks growing this babe in my insides. The hardest part now is that I get full super fast- so I want to keep eating all of the delicious food Topher makes me but I can't get it all down. And then I get hungry not too long afterward, all over again! Le sigh, life is so hard. ;)
It's also been fantastic as I've been pregnant at the same time as my friend Ann Marie. She just had her baby girl, in fact, whom I was able to meet today. A few months ago, she had the sweetest shower, and we jokingly took a picture in a dress we both happen to have.
In all our glory, with me at about 21 weeks and Ann Marie at about 32 (oh heavens, my belly is now ever so much bigger and lower than this! eek!)
How did Chris and John celebrate the return of their weekends? By running through mud and climbing over walls at the Warrior Dash. I happily sat and read while waiting for them, and then we celebrated their triumphs with, what else, cheeseburgers!
This past weekend, dear Paige (with Ann Marie's and Topher's help) threw me a shower! That party deserves it's own post, so that'll happen later this week.
Cheers to those of you still enjoying the random life happenings from this gal, and thanks again for the kind thoughts on the little person set to make its debut in about two months!







No comments:
Post a Comment