16 July 2010

"Ah young love..full of hope, full of promise, ignorant of reality."

The above quote comes from the movie Valentine's Day, my choice of film on my slightly-feeling-better night.  Topher let me choose the food and the movie after being sick for the week.  It has no purpose to this other than that line makes me laugh. A lot.

As we were leaving for dinner (my first venture outside the house in a solid 48 hours), Boomer, the pup, was jumping up, at our feet, as we hugged. It was freakin adorable.  Beyond that, she began to follow me to the door. Now, let it be known, that Boomer hates the door, her leash, the sound of the door opening.  So it was shocking when she followed me to the door, out the door, and to the grass.

Some more context is that though we've had Boomer for sixteen months, and she is nearly twenty months old, she persistently crapped inside the house once a week for her first fourteen months of life.  Sometimes days in a row.  It was, to be blunt, shitty.

So as she followed me to the grass, she relieved herself.  Topher and I were shocked.  She actually knew enough to follow me outside instead of waiting until we left and leaving her presents on the hardwood floor.

We both praised our wonderful dog, went to dinner, bought pre-viewed movies at Blockbuster and enjoyed our evening, though both achy- his from working out, my from sickness.

Isn't she cute?
That one ear never goes down.

I can't believe I just wrote an entire post about my dog's crap.  I'm sorry, world.

By the way, when we got home two hours later, she had shat in the house.  Wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome. And I love your pup--she's such a puppyface with her little mismatched puppy eyes! She looks like my dog Bear when he was 11 months old! I want to squeeze her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh I want to hug/squeeze Boomer!

    ReplyDelete